Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Make sure you Instgram a picture of the flowers you got along with the cards and candy. A piece of advice I received from a professional photographer, turn your camera (phone) at a 45 degree angle to make a boring picture more appealing to others.
I thought it would be a fun activity today to post 5 of my favorite songs that have the word “love” in the title. Obviously there are hundreds (thousands?) of songs with this word in the title, but 1. I don’t have that kinda time and 2. I’d like you to post your faves in the comments section below.
Remember today; embrace love of all kind. Oh and don’t be a dick (I think those apply for every day, but try a little harder today).
1. Ace Enders and a Million Different People – Bring Back Love. Ace has written just about every song in his history of song-writing about love. But this one has a special place in my heart. I think you’ll thoroughly enjoy it as well.
2. John Legend – I Love, You Love. Ok, look, I really like John Legend. The dude has an silky smooth voice, talented pianist (hehe) and has one of the cleanest cut beards known to man. But some of his songs just get to repetitive and I find it hard to get through. I Love, You Love is not like that. Enjoy.
3. Boyz II Men – I’ll Make Love to You. 23 Million Youtube views CAN’T be wrong, and the script and soft lighting of the video are SO 90’s and quasi-porn. And the costume changes, could they possibly make anymore in a 4:19 video?Irrelevant. This song has been baby-making music since 1994 and hasn’t lost steam since then. So “pour some wine, light the fire” and listen. (Editor’s note: There is a incriminating video of me singing this song on a friend’s phone. I hope that phone gets dropped in the toilet.)
4. The Monotones – Book of Love. I’m a sucker for doo-wop, soda fountain 50-60’s music. I’d like to think of these guys as kind of a pre-Boyz II Men power group with their dancing and spot on harmonies.
5. The Beatles – All You Need is Love. How could The Beatles not make this list? Rock n’ Roll was founded on love and broken hearts. These guys are the birth of modern Rock n’ Roll (and probably experimenting with drugs) and the cry “All You Need is Love” has been shouted for generations!
I hope everyone has an awesome Valentine’s Day and let us know your favorite “love” in the title songs in the comments!